Sunday, November 4, 2007

Heart-Shaped Nourishment

Well, seeing as I haven't posted anything relating to my love life, or lack thereof rather, I guess I should give some insight before entering my latest rant.
I'm currently on a break from love. Well, from relationships or any involvement with members of the opposite sex. [no, this doesn't mean I'm a lesbian.] In short, I've sworn off men for an uncertain amount of time, because i no longer believe I have the strength left in my heart to sustain further injury. Now that I've given small insight into my personal beliefs in regard to my heart, I'll begin my story.
Saturday night I wanted nothing more than to spend an evening with my girls. Mish, Vannah and I headed to Johnny Carino's for some girl time and Italian cuisine. I ordered one of the few low-fat items on the menu which I viewed as appetizing, which [though the name escapes me] consisted of a grilled chicken breast, green beans and a small amount of spaghetti. Upon receiving my meal, and in the midst of yet another conversation about how we despise the male species [yes, i consider them a species; one far below the rate of evolution of females], I stared in disbelief at the informal representation of love that was my chicken breast. I was so astounded that I stopped to take a picture.
So, as only I saw fit; i solved this problem in the best way possible.
That's correct, I cut it in half.
There you have it;
my heart.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The good news is....hearts can be made whole again.